Effective date: September 01, 2022
The Non-Legal Summary
This page explains our policies on the gathering, use, and disclosure of personal information when you use our service, as well as your options in relation to that information.
Table of Contents
- Information Collection, Process, and Retain
- Use and Share of Data and Information
- Storage and Security of Personal Data
- Cookies and Consent Management
- Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Service Providers
- Data Retention
- Notice to the Parents
- Transfer of Information
- Link to Other Sites
- Contact Us
Service refers to the output provided by the americanstarbuzz website. It can be in the form of content, or any other medium.
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). Personal data in Nepal is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) which is defined as “data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access”.
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Americanstarbuzz is a informational website created with an intent to provide the news and facts of celebrities.
This ‘Privacy Police’ explains how we respect the users’ privacy. We are devoted to maintaining the openness and reliability of our data protection procedures.
Users are expected to stop using our services if they disagree with any elements or clauses of this privacy statement.
3. Information Collection, Process, and Retain
We collect information from you, process them, and retain any users personal data or information legally for the following purposes.
- Manage our daily business operations and management in an ethical, competent, and effective manner.
- On-time delivery of our services to users, clients, or viewers
- Enhance our offerings and routine business management and operation procedures.
- Keep an eye on your tasks, payments, and work status.
- Work together with third parties to run your business, such as through logging into social media, using subscription services from third companies, or allowing third party ad agencies, programs, or services (like Google AdSense) to run adverts.
- To better understand how you use our services and websites, we run analytics and associated services on them.
a. Collection of Personal Data
When using Americanstarbuzz, we may require you to send us certain personally identifying information (also known as “Personal Data”) that can be used to get in touch with or identify you. Among other things, personally identifiable information can be:
- Email address (newsletter subscribers only)
- Cookies and Usage Data (Advertisers)
To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you, we may utilize your Personal Data. By using the unsubscribe link or instructions included in any email we send you, you can choose not to receive any or all of these communications from us.
b. Automatically Collected Data
We collect some data automatically on how the Service is accessed and used. They are:
- Device information and identifiers
- Network usage data
- Geolocation information
Any personal information we have described in this privacy statement can be categorized as “personal data” under the 2012 Nepal Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
Our primary sources for gathering personal data about you are your interactions with us and the particular services you use. Once personal data has been gathered (from legally permissible offline as well as online sources), it can either be integrated with other data or utilized independently depending on the needs of our services. Any personal data we process and gather shall be subject to the applicable laws and applicable jurisdictions as authorized by law.
4. Use and Share of Data and Information
We use the information for following purposes:
- To Promote our business and brand
- In order to enhance our digital brands and services
- Reader polls
- To make information anonymous
- Cross-device tracking is possible.
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To provide customer support
- Transfer or sales of businesses or assets
- Allowing the use of third parties for commercial endeavors
- To utilize the data you publicly reveal for our lawful business purposes.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Your information may be given to our processors, who are businesses we hire to perform tasks on our behalf, such as delivery services and prize fulfillment businesses. These processors are restricted from using your information for any other reason than what we have instructed them to do.
5. Storage and Security of Personal Data
We know the value of your personal information. So, we have taken all the required precautions to secure the information collected from you which are administrative, operational, technical, physical, organizational, and security measures.
Reasons to secure the information:
- To prevent the unauthorised use and disclosure of your information
- To uphold user data confidentiality, including email, login information, passwords, earnings, payments, task histories, and other data like freelancing information.
- To guard against unintentional data loss
- To avoid your information being changed in an unauthorized or illegal manner.
- To take the proper measures against any infractions of the aforementioned principles.
6. Cookies Management and Consent
Cookies are brief text messages that a website you visit sends to your browser. They assist the website in remembering information about your visit, which can both make it simpler for you to return to the site and increase its usefulness to you.
For these purposes, other technologies can also be used, such as local storage, pixels, and unique identifiers that identify a browser, app, or device.
Cookies make it possible for us to identify returning visitors and monitor web usage patterns. Aggregated cookie data enables us to improve our services and products. For instance, the information enables us to identify popular content. Most importantly, cookies are required for the website to function, including remembering user preferences and login status. These cookies will allow us to adapt the information we give you in light of your online preferences and interests. Cookies may also help with our marketing, promotion, and event-related efforts. (Advertising that is based on behavior)
7. Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain data protection rights. They are:
- The right to see what data we have on you and to ask for its erasure or updating. You always have direct access to, and the ability to request the erasure of, your Personal Data from within the account settings section. Please get in touch with us so that we can help you if you are unable to complete these tasks on your own.
- The ability to rectify. If any of your information is incorrect or lacking, you have the right to have it corrected.
- The ability to disagree. You are entitled to object to how we are using your personal information.
- The authority to restrict. You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal information for certain purposes.
- The freedom to transfer data. You have the right to receive a copy of the data we currently possess.
If you live in California, you have the right to refuse to have your personal information sold to outside parties under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) rights. You have the option to refuse the sale of your personal information. If you choose not to participate, we will be unable to provide you with personalized ads and we won’t share your personal information with any outside parties.
Please get in touch with us using the information provided under “Contact Us” (via email to our data privacy department).
9. Service Providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
b. Behavioral Remarketing
After you visited our Service, Americanstarbuzz utilizes remarketing services to show you advertisements on other websites. In order to inform, optimize, and deliver advertising based on your prior usage of our Service, we and our third-party suppliers employ cookies.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance.
You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
10. Data Rentation
In order to process your personal information, Americanstarbuzz only keeps it for as long as is necessary. Depending on the reason we are collecting your information and the circumstances in which we must abide by all applicable laws and jurisdictions, the time needed to process your information will vary.
11. Notice to the Parents
Children are not the target audience for our websites, apps, or other products and services. We don’t purposefully collect data from people under the age of 16 or use it in any other way.
Please get your parent or guardian’s permission before providing us with any personal information or using our websites or applications if you are under the age of 16.
If you know that your kid has used one of our websites or applications or has in any other way given us personal information without your permission, please get in touch with us or one of our joint controllers. This is especially important if the child is under the age of 16. We’ll take reasonable steps to delete or otherwise stop processing the personal data about your kid.
12. Transfer of Information
Our services, which are operated from Nepal, are intended for a western clientele in western nations like the US. Similar to that, we have a clause that enables foreign authors, independent contractors, or employees to contribute to our services.
As a result, if you reside outside of Nepal, we kindly ask you to be aware that the data you gave to us will be transferred to Nepal and processed there, where the laws and regulations governing the use and processing of your personal data may not be as rigorous as those in your own country.
13. Link to Other Sites
Links to websites not under our control may be found on our service. An external link will take you to that party’s website when you click on it. Reviewing the privacy policies of any website you visit is something we highly recommend.
This Policy is subject to modification at any time. When modifications are made, we will update the effective date and post the amended Policy here. Please review this Policy frequently for updates.
15. Contact Us